Thursday, December 20, 2012

Do 1.2 million YouTube views matter?



Just over a year ago, I posted my best commercials on YouTube and wrote about it here.  My main goal was to have an online point of reference for my clients and prospective clients in toys and kids’ entertainment.  Since then, Purple Husky’s YouTube channel has had an astonishing 1.2 million views, vastly exceeding my expectations. 

As I work on social media programs for my clients’ brands, I’m always careful to emphasize that it’s crucial that they reach their true target consumers to create awareness or tune in or product sales.  While I’m grateful that Purple Husky’s YouTube presence has generated big traffic, it reinforces how important it is to pay attention to the quality of interactions, not just the quantity.

No comments:

Post a Comment