Thursday, February 25, 2010

Travel Thursday: Toronto to New York Best Options

My travel to New York for Toy Fair this year went remarkably smoothly. After traveling to and from New York in mid-February for over 20 consecutive years, I have definitely had my share of snowstorms, canceled flights, delays, and hassles.

Two things made the trip go smoothly this year, and I'm sharing my experience so that others can benefit:

1. I flew on Porter Airlines from Toronto Island Airport (YTZ) to Newark (EWR) and avoided the expense and hassle associated with Pearson International Airport (YYZ). My trip from my home in Riverdale to midtown Manhattan was an amazing 4 hours door-to-door, and my return was about 5 hours.


2. I traveled to and from EWR with Airlink Shuttle. I had a lot of luggage and wanted to avoid the many stairs and escalators associated with taking the combination of airport monorail, NJ Transit, and a cab to my destination in midtown. For $18 each way, it was a wise decision. Even though the Airlink Shuttle made multiple stops, it was still faster and easier than taking the train from EWR, and far less expensive than a $75 taxi.

No comments:

Post a Comment